Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Buffalo Bills and Chicken Tacos


Ever since I took Martin to a football game last year, I've been really excited about watching football. I've become a huge Buffalo Bills Fan. Unfortunately for me, the game I took Martin to see was the second to last game of the season so I've had a long time to wait to rekindle my appreciation for the sport. Needless to say, I was very excited about the season opener on Sunday and even more excited because my friend Michelle was coming to hang out and watch it with us!

I made chicken tacos for the event which were equally as exciting as the game (which was a huge bust but I got a chance to wear my Bills jersey while eating delicious food, so who can complain?) I am already contemplating how amazing this same recipe would be with beef or pork and have big plans for hosting future football Sundays.

Chicken Tacos. Of course, I found this recipe on pinterest.

Throw 5-6 Chicken Breast in a crockpot with a packet of taco seasoning and a jar of salsa. I only had 1 pound of chicken and I didn't have any salsa. And I never buy taco seasoning (it's so easy to make your own!). Anyway, I just threw the chicken I had in the crockpot with a jar of enchillada sauce. I set the crockpot on high for 5 hours and then turned it down to warm until Michelle arrived. The chicken just shredded itself to pieces and it was absolutely amazing. I think next time I would put a jar of diced green chilis in there just to give it a little extra kick. But....mmmm....so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment